Además de ser un complemento natural que ayuda a proteger tu corazón, sus vastas propiedades contribuyen a mantener y mejorar la salud en general de todo tu cuerpo. Sentite saludable agregando Chía a tu día.
There is evidence that Chia seeds were known and used for more than 3 thousand 500 years. The primitive Mexicans called it “the medicine food”, and it was for the Mayans, along with the corn, one of the basic crops destined to their feeding. It was also used by the Aztecs as food for the warriors, source of energy for prolonged voyages and even had specific medicinal purposes.
Know your properties!
The nutritional benefits of chia seeds are the same, regardless of whether they are consumed raw or cooked. They are naturally gluten-free and as they do not alter the taste of the food, they can be consumed in both sweet and savory preparations.
Approximately two tablespoons of chia provide: 139 calories, 9 grams of fat, 12 grams of carbohydrates. As well as vitamins and minerals which include:
- antioxidants (mainly flavonoids, provide triple the blueberries).
- iron (3 times more than spinach, which makes it perfect for anemic).
- calcium (5 times more than milk, is ideal for lactose intolerant or vegan).
- 11 grams of fiber per seed (twice as many fibers as oats).
Omega-3 fatty acids.
- 4 grams of protein per seed (it is much more than vegetables).
- potassium (2 times more potassium than a banana, so it prevents cramps).
How do you protect your heart?
Chia seeds represent the vegetable source with the highest concentration of omega 3. Therefore consuming them regularly as part of a healthy diet, can help protect the health of the heart, as it helps to reduce certain risk factors such as blood concentration of cholesterol and triglycerides, and blood pressure.
Some of the nutrients present in chia seeds that help protect the health of your heart are:
- Fiber. The greater amount of fiber present in Chia seeds is soluble, which can help reduce the absorption of cholesterol.
- Chia brings a good amount of antioxidants, mainly flavonoids, which can help protect the health of your heart.
- Vitamins of the B complex. The deficiency in the feeding of this group of vitamins favors the formation of plaque deposits in the arterial walls and increases the risk of cardiovascular affections.
- Omega 3 fatty acids. This type of polyunsaturated fatty acids helps lower triglycerides and cholesterol levels, blood pressure, the risk of arrhythmias and also slow the process of fat accumulation in the arteries.
They are excellent energizers, this makes them ideal for athletes’ diets, and they help you maintain a good rhythm during the day, especially if you consume them during breakfast. But it does not leave you exposed to stress because they are also good at reducing anxiety.
Among its varied properties, we must also mention that thanks to their nutritional contributions contribute to reduce joint pain. The omega 3 fatty acids provided by chia seeds are anti-inflammatory and, therefore, ideal if your joints hurt.
Chia seeds have the ability to protect us from these harmful agents. Since they improve the health of the skin, creating a protective layer against the sun’s rays, and also strengthen the lungs. And they contribute to eliminate liquids and toxins (so it prevents cell oxidation) while maintaining body hydration.
These seeds also regenerate tissues and increase muscle mass. In addition to its ability to control appetite and high fiber content, they help control and even lose weight and regulate the intestinal flora. It fights cellulite and accelerates metabolism.
Although it seems incredible, all these are its most popular properties, and that’s why the American Nutrition Association has put it into what it calls “the super cereals.” Add them to your diet, try ACEITE DE CHÍA, our natural supplement that brings together all its benefits and properties.