Oxygen is an essential element for our body to function properly as it intervenes in the vast majority of its processes, including the transformation of food into energy and the correct regeneration of our cells. Therefore, there is a direct relationship between breathing and our physical condition: if the first is done properly, the second will undoubtedly benefit.
A good breathing routine involves breathing in a soft, deep, rhythmic, fluid and pleasant way; You should never force yourself.
If we convert this pattern into our natural way of doing it, we will obtain the following benefits for our health:
- Reduced heart effort and blood pressure, improved blood circulation and decreased risk of heart disease.
- Increase in the number of red blood cells, generating greater oxygenation and quantity of blood, which helps to eliminate more easily toxins from our body.
- Increased capacity of the organism to assimilate and digest food, improving gastrointestinal transit and optimal functioning of the abdominal organs due to the massaging movements of the diaphragm during respiration.
- Greater rejuvenation of the glands and skin.
- Improvement of the functioning of the parasympathetic nervous system: the beats are reduced and the muscles relax. All this translates into good brain and mental activity, which affects our mood.
- Improvement of the elasticity of the lungs, which are invigorated and strengthened, increasing their potential capacity and resistance to exertion.
- Proper oxygen supply helps burn fats more easily, and provides a proper level of nourishment to tissues and glands.
It is important that you take a few minutes a day to breathe in a conscious, feeling as the air enters and leaves your body, noticing the Changes that are made in your muscles and in your state of mind when doing it.
There are many breathing techniques to apply to different situations or moments of your day that will make an important difference in your well-being, the important thing is that you choose one that is pleasing to you and serves your purpose.