Our body is formed mostly by water, 75% of the muscles is water, which is why it is important to consume water daily to have good health.
It is an essential element to keep our body healthy because, in addition to cleaning the body and eliminating toxins, it is an efficient vehicle to transport the vitamins and mineral salts our cells need.
Thanks to the intake of water, we cause a greater diuresis, which favors the elimination of toxins, preventing certain diseases.
Experts emphasize the importance of drinking water on an empty stomach. But why?
According to the European Hydration Institute, water is the solvent that allows many of the vital chemical reactions of the organism and maintains bodily functions.
Five benefits of fasting water
- Adequate hydration is important for the proper functioning of the brain. When we are properly hydrated, brain cells receive oxygenated blood and the brain stays alert.
- Adequate water intake is essential for the kidneys to function well, helping them to eliminate waste and unnecessary nutrients through the urine.
- It improves the digestive tract since water is necessary in the dissolution of nutrients so that these can be absorbed by the blood and transported to the cells.
- Water is a great ally for the skin helping to maintain the elasticity of it and its tonicity.
- Water acts as a lubricant for the muscles and joints: it helps protect joints and muscles work properly.